Case Study #3: Victorian Major Renovation
- removed all of the plaster in the home and sealed the entire exterior to prevent air leakage and drafts
- installed moisture-barriers and insulation in the crawl space
- installed vapor barriers and insulation on the first floor
- insulated all walls, ceilings, and attic
2) Replaced most of the windows with energy-efficient models that still matched the original style
3) Installed high-efficiency plumbing fixtures to reduce water waste
4) Painted with low-VOC products to reduce harmful volatile organic compounds which can cause severe health risks
5) Installed high efficiency HVAC units to reduce long-term energy consumption and utility costs
6) Per the new energy code, we implemented the option of sealing and insulating the crawl space beneath the house and installing a dehumidification system to condition the crawl space. This conditioned crawl space provides for healthier indoor air quality, reduces overall energy costs, and protects the home and stored belongings from moisture damage.
We added a gorgeous, gated deck, a mulched dog run on the side, and even a detached studio in the back yard.
Now, the home provides everything this growing family needs to thrive in the beautiful and highly accessible neighborhood of Candler Park. The finished product blends historic charm with modern comfort.
Check back soon for more photos!